We do the right thing!
It sounds obvious and simple, but it is our guiding principle at COLAB to do the right thing for the client – even if we have to tell our clients we think they are making a mistake on occasion.
At COLAB, doing the right thing means:
- We guide our clients to make good choices based on evidence and data.
- We help our clients focus on their real needs to ensure we are addressing their real problems.
- We give our clients honest, objective advice based on the many years of experience we have building websites.
We make things easy and simple!
Since the web may seem confusing and difficult, we take responsibility for making it more understandable and accessible for our clients.
At COLAB, making things easy and simple means:
- We explain how the technology works and highlight any issues surrounding decisions our clients face so that they understand the impact of their choices.
- We explain the strategic thinking behind the recommendations we make and give our clients options so that the direction we take makes logical sense to the client.
- We build tools that are easy to use and work towards solving their business problems.
We hire good people!
We can't do any of this without an experienced and thoughtful team of designers and developers, which makes hiring the right people an essential piece of our business.
At COLAB, hiring good people means:
- We only hire experienced developers who care about doing a good job and doing the right thing for clients - skill alone is not enough.
- We hire developers who are also designers so that sites are developed precisely as they were designed (or better!).
- We hire developers who follow best practices and industry standards so that any other developer can understand their work and pick up where they left off, if needed.