CO+LAB is seeking a Strategist/UX Designer/Designer who can conceptualize and imagine smart solutions to business problems.
This position requires superior people skills, as we work closely with clients as well in a collaborative team environment. You will interact with designers, developers, project managers, and clients. You will be a pivotal contributor to our structured process. An ability to think creatively and strategically about how digital solutions can address our clients' challenges and improve their businesses is key.
- Collaborate with the project team as well as the client to identify, understand and articulate the client’s business needs and project’s goals
- Collaborate with project team to develop the strategic roadmap for project execution
- Identify requirements, set goals, study users, and help craft experiences that translate business and user goals into engaging experiences
- Cultivate a positive, solutions-oriented approach to resolving new and difficult challenges
- Collaborate with the strategy, design, development, and project management teams to produce smart solutions
- Create strategic ideas about using technology in unique ways to add value to our clients' digital presence
- Create designs that are functional and highly usable while exuding elegance and aesthetic appeal
- Exhibit exceptional creative thought and attention to detail, delivering projects from brief to consumer in partnership with the Client, Technology and Creative team
- Craft high-quality visual solutions within a creative consultancy environment.
- Lead user experience/strategy/design workshops with clients
- Solve project challenges with strategic solutions while advocating for a high-quality user experience throughout all project phases.
- Research and implement user experience/design best practices and trends
- Conduct research and lead user testing/interviews to gain insights and optimize the user experience
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Accurately estimate tasks/deliverables
- Effectively prioritize projects, manage tasks and communicate with the project management team, delivering projects on time and on budget
- Critical deliverables expected: Blueprints, User Journeys, Personas, Scenarios, Workflows, Roadmaps, Site maps, Wireframes, Interface Designs, Interactive Prototypes
Required Technical Skills
- 5+ years experience in design, 3+ years experience designing complex websites, mobile applications, and/or web applications
- Proven history of designing responsive page layouts and interfaces. (We will want to see examples.)
- Expertise in interaction design, information architecture and visual design
- Expertise in design and IA tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, OmniGraffle, etc.)
- Proficient designing and conducting qualitative user testing
- Experience using product analytics and A/B testing to optimize experiences
- Highly effective communication skills
- Agency experience
- Code experience is a plus
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Health & Vision
- Paid holidays and vacation
Founded in 2008, CO+LAB Multimedia LLC is a website design and development firm headquartered in Richmond, VA, which specializes in developing goal-driven websites and web-applications. Over the past several years, our firm has delivered hundreds of websites for Fortune 500 corporations, government agencies, educational institutions, as well as small and medium-sized businesses. Our exceptional work allows us to hire the best designers and developers in the area because they want to be associated with innovative, crisp, refined websites. The quality of our work force, in turn, allows us to continually raise the bar on what we deliver to our clients.